Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Episode 11: I'm Back!



I am back from my 3-year European vacation, and ready to learn more about knitting, and hopefully improve my skills.  Columbus is a great place to improve knitting skills.  I have already met a few knitting experts, and I have found that the more I learn, the less I know.

Columbus has three knitting stores (I have only visited one), but the one closest to my house is Knitting Temptations.  The ladies are extremely helpful, there are different classes, and they have knitting groups three times a week (all for free!)

On my cruise I was working on the Little Shells shawl by Holly and Ella.  I used Debbie Bliss Pure Silk wool.

I have also been working on the Clarus shawl, as taught by Laura Nelkin at Craftsy.com.

I also learned how to wind a ball of wool so that you pull from the center.

I made ANOTHER baby cocoon, this time for my new little nephew, born on July 4th!
Welcome, little soldier!  I used Lion Brand Quick and Cozy to make the softest cocoon ever!

I am doing my very first Knit Along (KAL) with Michelle from KnitPurlHunter.com.  She offers video tutorials to help build skills along the way.  In this KAL, we are making a pillow.

I am currently taking a class from Craftsy.com on Lace Shawl Designs by Miriam Felton.  I bought some cotton wool from Walmart just to practice different designs.  I got a little sidetracked, and found a dishcloth pattern that I thought I'd try out.  I tried out "Vineyard" by Danielle Cote.  Scroll down for the English version.

Here is info on the Cahokia Mounds, across the Mississippi River from St. Louis.  At the top of the mound, you can actually see the St. Louis Arch.


My daughter and I are attending one day at the Mid-Ohio Fiber Fair on August 18th, in Newark, Ohio. I'm so excited, it's my very first fiber fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment