Saturday, August 11, 2012

The calming effects of knitting

I just wanted to say that sometimes I get feelings of anxiety and overwhelm because of all the demands in my life.  Today was one of those days.  It's been building up all week.  All this unpacking and organizing is overwhelming for me.  I finally got out a hank of purple yarn in my yarn stash, set up my swift on the kitchen table, and proceeded to roll up the hank of yarn.  My daughter helped me. I then sat down and started making a gauge swatch.  This particular yarn, hand dyed from Chile, is perfect for making socks.  I'm still determined to make myself a pair. By the time I finished the swatch it was way past midnight, but I felt a lot calmer.  I am amazed at how calming knitting can be.  It helps me keep my mind off the daily stresses of life and feeds my inner desire to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment